Wrinkles are a natural part of aging. They are most prominent on sun exposed skin such as face, neck, hand and forearms. Although genetics determine the skin structure and texture, sun exposure is the major cause of wrinkles especially in people with fair to medium skin tone. Smoking land pollutants also contribute to wrinkling.
Wrinkles are lines and creases that formed in your skin.
Some wrinkles can become deep crevices or furrows and may be especially noticeable around eyes, mouth and neck.
- Exposure to sunlight
- Repeated facial expression
- Protect your skin from the sun – try and limit the time you spend in the sun especially mid-day. Always wear protective clothing like long sleeves shirts, sun glasses and hat. Use sunscreen all year around when you step outside.
- Use product with built-in sunscreen – when selecting skin care products or makeup products try to choose product with built in sunscreen. Choose products with broadspectrum sunscreen meaning it block both UVA and UVB.
- Moisturize – dry skin can lead to premature fine lines and wrinkles. Moisturizing traps water in your skin which helps mask tiny lines and creases. It may take few weeks of regular usage of any product before you notice any improvement in your skin.
- Don’t smoke – if you want to improve your skin tone and texture and prevent wrinkles then you should quit smoking. This in turn will help you in improving your skin.
- Eat a healthy diet – there are evidences that certain vitamins in our diet help to protect skin. This means that it is good to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
We at Singhania skin clinic provide a combination treatment for wrinkles:-
- Topical antioxidants and collagen boosting creams.
- Laser skin resurfacing.
- Chemical peels.
- Dermabrasion or micro-dermabrasion.
- Dermal fillers.