Photo facial is an advancement on regular facial. Sometimes it is also called photo rejuvenation. It is a skin treatment procedure. It focuses on reducing age spots, freckles, and red blemishes or broken capillaries. Photo facial over a period of time reduces these effects of UV damage on your skin.
Photo facial can be done once every 3-4 weeks. Before taking it consult a dermatologist. In photo facial visible light is flashed through the skin. The light gets absorbed by the blemishes. Both black and red blemishes absorb this light. The blemishes get heated up and are destroyed. Photo facial produces observable difference within 24-36 hours. The tan fades away leaving behind a glowing skin.
IPL (Intense pulsed light) is more popular than LED photo facial treatment as it treats a variety of skin conditions ranging from wrinkles, spider veins, brown spots to sun damage. During the procedure, a blast of powerful light, outside the bandwidth of laser, is used that penetrates deep into the skin’s layers without causing any damage. The treatment eventually aims at skin rejuvenation and also termed as a skin glow treatment.
Benefits of Photo Facial Treatments
- Photo facial treatments are quick as completed in minimum 20 minutes time frame depending upon the area of treatment. The maximum time duration of the treatment is one hour.
- Unlike standard facial procedures, IPL photo facial is suitable to conduct on various body parts like face, back, hands, neck, and shoulders.
- The single sitting results in brighter, smoother and younger-looking skin with an instant glow.
- Photo facials are less expensive than other skin rejuvenation procedures and results are long-lasting.
- A number of cosmetic procedures like microdermabrasion, chemical peels to name a few, are easy to conduct in conjunction with photo facials.